Old 07-31-2014, 02:21 PM   #296
jpdavis82
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyAC
Watching this full full game footage finally helped me realize why I'm still not excited for Madden: They're digging DEEPER into the Uncanny Valley.

Player models and faces are the best looking they've ever been. The high graphical quality is serving somewhat to highlight just how bad the movement and animation system is. Players too often move like confused robots (which is exactly what they are) but the weird movement didn't stick out as much in Madden 05 when player models also looked like confused robots.

Madden players are not even close to running and moving and gesturing like real people. I know that no video game is ever perfect, but I also JUST watched the gameplay trailers for NHL 15 and FIFA 15 and those game's players at least run/skate/interact physically in a way that looks mostly like how humans really run/skate/interact physically.
Madden is playing catch up to those games, Rex said they aren't there yet. I'm not sure why it seems like people expect them to somehow get there in one of these videos. Compared to what we've seen in the past, they've made real strides since E3 in just about every way. With that being said, the game isn't going to just magically change a week or two later. Watch the good and bad now, look for improvement in those areas in the future. It's baby steps but they are necessary. What matters is where this game goes from here and if the devs deliver as promised.