View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 11:39 AM   #72
KBLover
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: The Original John Madden Football Gameplay Video

I never played that game - I didn't much into sports games until Tecmo Bowl and Baseball Stars, then later on PC with the Baseball Pro and Football Pro series. I don't know how old the MicroLeague games were - but they were some of the first PC games I played.

I played 10-yard Fight and was like...why can't I throw it 40 yards downfield. Then I got Tecmo Bowl and that's when sports games opened up to me.

Football Pro changed my expectations for football games forever, though. 20 years later, haven't found a game that can do what it did. Thought Madden was heading there with the play editor - but then they took it out. Blah.

"Just think what football games will look like in 25 more years."

I'm more wonder how they'll "think" and "behave" in 25 years. Game graphics have come a ridiculously long ways in even the last 5-10 years.

Game *AI* however...it seems stuck in the mud across all genres in the last decade or so. It's better than the NES era...but that's not say a lot considering I'd be comparing an 8-bit cartridge to a Quad-Core 16 GB+ RAM machine with 3-5+ GHz of speed.

Last edited by KBLover; 08-02-2014 at 11:42 AM.