Old 08-03-2014, 11:04 AM   #51
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: VSN speaking with Josh Looman on CFM, taking questions now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
The guys doing CFM now weren't here 10 years ago. It is an all new team on all new consoles. They had no control over stuff that was taken out or eliminated but they are doing their best to get that stuff back. I have seen more effort from Josh and the current CFM team than I see from most franchise mode dev teams. The Show's franchise hasn't changed since the game came out and has become very boring and stale, NHL's franchise has been broken for years now its virtually unplayable. I didn't say it was revolutionary in any way but it certainly isn't as bad as some people on here make it out to be. The lengths people will go through to downplay this game is stunning. We still have zero clue what they worked on this year in CFM and people are already proclaiming it to be a failure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Do you even know who was behind those great franchise modes from a decade ago? It was Josh Looman, he left after Madden 07 to work on NFL Head Coach. Which was around the time franchise mode started to feel stale and old. For Madden 12 he was named Senior Producer and EA opened an entire studio in Austin, Texas for him to work out of for CCM. Around the same time multiple employees who worked on Franchise mode left the company like AJ Dembroksi (who had some hilarious tweets about his "firing"). When they opened their new studio they hired many new designers. At this point though it is best for us to agree to disagree before this gets out of hand.
I'm not sure if you are even reading what you're posting but the second bold contradicts the first bold. If according to you Looman was dealing with Franchise mode until 2007, that means 10 years ago, around 2004, he was there and is not new. Further more not really sure where this notion that because he went to do Head Coach, he didn't come back to work on Madden Franchise until 2012 comes from either, here is a video for Madden 10 that shows otherwise. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIIJ-_8tr7w

So GiantBlue76 was spot on when stating "Almost nothing you posted here is correct".
Advertisements - Register to remove