View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 02:31 PM   #27
hanzsomehanz
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Training: Changes in the Wide-Nine Technique (Video)

I enjoyed the lab session!

I was receptive to everything he said and this is one of our very own OS'ers - kudos on the spotlight!

I will add that I would like to see imoroved pursuit from bacskide/Will defenders. Instead of just immediately sitting, this defender should be in hot pursuit that way if the RB in this video decided to cut back betwen a center and guard or up between a guard and tackle: the Will would be hot on his tail to make the tackle.

I think too much pressure is put on the Sam and Force in Madden and would like to see exceptional Will dedenders, like Lavonte David, standout in making chase-down plays from the backside flow.

You did mention you will have a lab session on the force - I look forward to that albeit, as stated earler, I would also like to see enhanced logic in the effect of Pro-Playmaker performance demonstrated by the weakside flow defenders.

To be clear, I thought the commentator covered his session well in respect to comparing 15 : 25 and Madden to NFL.

■ Every NFL scenario also showed the Wide-9 employed against a spread look with a Single-back featured in the backfield.

■ If in Madden you have the interior linemen who can draw double teams: you will be closer to being one of the few teams that can also contain the inside run.

■ I like the LOS demonstration of how the flow side edge defender is engaging /disengaging with a logic closer to that of a Pro which lends authenticity and realism.
■ You did say the ballcarrier (beelined) to the sideline perpindicular to the LOS (refusing to cut-back or up) and paid for it as he continued to pursue the sideline: this is a common Madden gamer practice and it will be welcomed to have a user experience an impetus to his ball carrier vision.

In furtherance to the enhanced AI logic that is present for edge contain on the flow side: I would like to see enhanced interaction logic added to the other box support defenders: Mike, Inside Will in 3-4, and D-linemen who can hold up against a single block w a clean path to the ball, shed that block and then pursuit the ball w intent to tackle or misdirect the flow.

Godspeed to you in your next session, Wolverine, & Madden too in respect to enhancing Pro-logic interactions universally at the LOS and in coverage.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 08-04-2014 at 03:24 PM.