Old 08-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #72
l8knight1
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: VSN speaking with Josh Looman on CFM, taking questions now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesKnows85
All I'm interested in is editing rookies and draft classes so that we aren't forced to play with EAs classes. Which are horrendous. If we can't edit draft classes, or if we can't edit those rookies post draft at least...I have no interest in this game, period.

I've already been told no custom classes, so what they need to do is take a page from the NCAA series and patch in the ability to let us edit everything about players at any time while in franchise mode.

When I say everything, I mean
Name
Height
Weight
Skin color
Equipment
Atrributes
College
I want realism in my franchise. No comical names and no players with crazy attributes that make no sense. I want real rookies and draft classes that resemble real life.
I hear you, but you almost answered your own question by referencing the NCAA series. That series is no longer primarily due to issues with 'likenesses' of real people being used in the game without their permission. I love the NFL and it's history, but Jim Brown's lawsuit back in 2009 pretty much opened the door that ruined NCAA, draft classes, and roster editing in Madden in my view. You can't edit a CURRENT player's appearance/height/weight for the above reasons, in my view, but EA won't ever elaborate. Editing restrictions on appearance/height/weight of current players is literally just a switch they will not turn off. I'm a historic roster guy and the only way I can create realistic historic teams is to create every player from scratch (Better than nothing, but you can't edit once created either.). I'll bet you an August 26th Papa John's Pizza that this will be no different this year, nor will they clarify that fact. MUT is their way of getting some historic guys in the game, but they all have to be paid. Solution? MUT packs (secret code for in-game purchases).

Last edited by l8knight1; 08-04-2014 at 03:04 PM.