Old 08-04-2014, 04:26 PM   #7
hanzsomehanz
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - GameStop Madden Mondays: Gameplay Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
A higher chance of missing the tackle is not even enough risk, imo, there needs to be an increased chance of injury or at least a huge impact on fatigue and and increase chance of penalty.
Amen

Just as the efficacy of a ball-carriers moves can regress under fatigue and fumble chances can increase: so should the defense face penalty stress factors that are imposed upon their aggressive style of play.

There is a fine line here but I would like to see the aggressive tackles become more tactical and less prevalent - allow for a momentus factor that gives a team defense a motivation when a big hit is cleanly performed.

The basis is the risk : reward systen and I favor your sentiments here on how it can be tweaked.

We are catered too much giant successes and should see more little, subtle success that build into big gains - that way a big play actually reflects the rarity in its chances of even happening and makes the experience more genuine from a simulation standpoint.

It is a wham-bahm culture of gaming within Madden and it would be a culture shock to see the subtleties of the sport standout more prominently than the loud, obvious details.

The depth this new culture of gaming in Madden would add for consumer value would be welcomed - a 2:1 would be a good start but ultimately I would like to see atleast 3:1 in respect to the appearance of subtle, long effort, sound details in contrast to obvious, short and spectacular details.

I don't think the casual gamer is so dead to football that he needs the prevalence of big hits to serve as a circumvention for his short attention span to the subtle nuances of the game.

The small "i" that Apple uses is subtle but powerful.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 08-04-2014 at 04:29 PM.