View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 03:20 AM   #5541
hoopla32
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

So the Jazz went from the worst team in the league to best team in the West (so far) in just one season -- I'm in year two. They signed LeBron and, with the #1 pick, drafted what looks like is going to be the next superstar of the league in 6'7", 228 pound shooting guard Mathew Boyd who's averaging 20.4 PPG, 4.4 APG, 3.8 RPG, 1.4 SPG, 0.7 BPG on .464/.455/.752 shooting. The LeBron/Boyd duo has been good enough to get the Jazz off to a 13-5 start which is .5 a game better than the Thunder who are 12-5 right now.

Just noticed this because I just played the Jazz and barely won by 3 in Utah. Boyd (who was my match-up most of the game since I still primarily play SG while MCW plays PG) went for 23 points, 5 assists, 4 rebounds, and 2 steals on 9/18 shooting and was 3/5 from three. I thoroughly outplayed him (51 points, 16 assists, 11 rebounds, 4 steals) but since I'm just 6'3" and 195 pounds, him having 4 inches and 33 pounds on me made it tough on both ends of the floor.

Before I go further, because I'm sure most will frown upon or scowl at this, but I never play this mode on HOF. Mostly because I choose to have more fun with this mode while aiming for realness in Association/MyGM mode. So, I play this mode on All-Star. Occasionally, when I get a little bored, I'll bump it up to Superstar for a 5-7 game stretch. But I primarily play on Superstar/Sim. Right now, 18 games into my second season, I've got my PG up to a 94 overall and he's nearly averaging a triple-double: 41.3 PPG, 15.2 APG, 9.7 RPG, 5.3 SPG, 1.7 BPG on 57/51/93 shooting, and the team is 16-2. One loss came during my "Flu Game" against the Bulls. I was down 7-10 seemingly the entire game and down by 10 with about 3 minutes left in the game. I managed to go on a run and cut the lead to 3 with under a minute to go but couldn't ever get over the hump. My other loss came at OKC. Durant went for 43, Westbrook went for 38, and the Thunder made something like 20 threes (on top of Durant and Westbrook combining to make 11 threes, Lamb, Thabo, and Reggie Jackson all three made two or three threes) in a 131-122 win.

Unrealistic, sure, but I'm having fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove