View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 11:17 AM   #14
A_Quiet_Pro
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Pre-season games - meaningless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
With out derailing the thread let's be honest speed is about as far as you need when evaluating players. The way EA ratings work it's hard to find that Victor Cruz.All of the players run,throw,catch,tackle the exact same way there's hardly a big difference between players.

XP should't be an reason to play any pre-season game. It should be because I have an new DC and need to see how his defense works with my guys. I had an injury plagued players on my roster and he's one wrong move from being cut. You are 100% correct when it needs to be robust to me though it needs to be overhauled. Fans are filled the exact same way for pre-season vs an NFC Championship which is laughable.

Only thing I'm saying is football is an event. Madden should find a way to separate the importance between pre-season vs regular season vs playoffs. Right now every CFM feels like an exhibition with little or no importance.
I really hate continuing to do this, but again going back to the show. In franchise mode, the early season is "empty" and as time goes on, the stands fill and stadiums change with the season (i.e. Wrigley's ivy goes from brown to green). That being said, I'd love to see Lambeau go from nice green field in the fall, to a brownish hardpan look in December because it gets so cold. But back to the show, and the playoffs especially the World Series, the fans are insane and loud and waving towels etc. Madden needs this kind of atmosphere. (especially since football fans are much more rowdy than baseball fans I mean come on.) WHY is baseball video game crowds more intense than football game crowds, inexcusable.

Last edited by A_Quiet_Pro; 08-05-2014 at 11:20 AM.