View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 09:17 AM   #28
OhMrHanky
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pre-season games - meaningless?

I agree with cmhooe on a lot of these things. For me, personally, I normally only play 1 preseason game and sim the rest. And, what I'm looking for in that 1 game is often times different, but honestly represents what HC's are looking at. 1. Maybe, a QB or RB battle. Maybe, I have a mobile QB and a pocket QB, but they have similar overall ratings, and I want to feel out which one is 'better,' or who I like playing with more. Maybe, u have a finesse back and a power back. Again, I want to get a feel for how they play or if they play differently. 2. I want to see my draft picks play. This is very much realistic IMO where u draft a guy or 2 and know they will probably be backups, but maybe 1 guy has wicked speed and I want to see him on the field and see what he can do. 3. The xp. I personally do xp once per season, but if u want to progress a player during preseason, that's your prerogative. Let an up and coming RB play a lot. Get him some TDs in preseason so u can improve his trucking or something for the reg season. Or, if u don't care about preseason, sim it all! But, ultimately, preseason IS in the NFL, so it, of course should be in Madden and u can use it similar to how HC's use it. So, it's not meaningless IMO.