Old 08-06-2014, 04:16 PM   #182
l8knight1
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Connected Franchise Deep Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
This isn't my opinion/belief its the judges in the lawsuit. That quote is directly from their ruling. The basis of the lawsuit was that EA used the player likeness and allowed users to edit names, hometowns, appearance etc. The Judges agreed with Sam Kellers claims. The problem EA ran into was not that you did it in the privacy of your home, but that they allowed and enabled you to upload it to the internet for anyone to use and see.
Correct me if I'm wrong, as I haven't been an NCAA guy in a while, but I think the problem was that the existing roster in the game, while it didn't include names, included likenesses, as in color white/black, player number, height, weight, etc. Then that was customized by community even further with names making things even stickier.

Now, if in Madden they give you a draft class that is randomized in terms of likenesses at the beginning, I don't understand why you couldn't edit a roster completely have a roster full of fat or skinny, white or black, John Doe or James Dean, however you see fit. All of this trickles down to the actual rosters in the game. It's also clear you can't mess with the ACTUAL likenesses that are legally agreed to. Good grief.