View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 07:43 PM   #35
ODogg
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Get Up To $35 Towards Madden NFL 15 By Trading in Madden NFL 25 at Best Buy 8/10-

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
Digital means you buy the game on the Playstation Store or Xbox Marketplace, and download it directly to your system. No disk is involved, the full game is just saved onto your Xbox and able to be played, similar to how demos work. Although due to trade-in offers like this one where you get $35 for trading in Madden 25, it is difficult to justify. If they made the price of the digital download less than a disc copy, then it would be interesting. I feel like it almost should be cheaper to buy the digital version since you aren't getting a disc, packaging, no cost of shipping it to a retailer, etc. I know discs and packaging are fairly cheap to produce, but the work of burning the game onto the disc, putting together the packaging, etc that is saved would at least equal a little bit of money. Added to that, I'm not sure what the wholesale price of the game is for retailers, but EA makes more money off the digital download anyway, since they get the entire $60 I believe (I don't think Microsoft or Sony gets royalties, but I'm not sure), not just the wholesale price.
You better believe Microsoft and Sony get their royalties off digital downloads, same exact royalties as store distribution.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove