View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 12:47 PM   #53
hanzsomehanz
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: When will madden ever introduce gap assignments in the game?

@LBZ 2Gap NT's are more occupants of the center / A gap cloggers than they are "penetrators"?

Is it plausible to see them attack the Center in Madden and simply occupy space, as some put it, in that strong and weak-side gap?

I find in Madden it is so wasy for D-linemen to get turned aside at the snap and nuetralized out of effectively playing a gap - they merely get sealed lkke they are all just occupying space -- this is the area that irks me.

I appreciate that knowledge you dropped re the 2Gap NT role - how should this technique translate in Madden? Should he simply stand up and lean into the C w his head in the backfield watching the flow?

I love running 3-4 schemes but it irks me how I can call a 3-4 predator or solid that places 3 heavy, wide set DT's dead center in the interior of the trench and they are called to crash middle yet at snap of the ball there is huge running success right up the gut!

To the above: what is the fallout here? I have a NT directly over C (odd alignment) and the two DTs right beside him over the G's but tight to the NT in a pinched alignment.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 08-07-2014 at 12:56 PM.