Old 08-07-2014, 11:16 PM   #433
ggsimmonds
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
But if it doesn't effect played games, then what good is scheme to your team?
It helps you to make roster decisions. You set a scheme to fit your style of play, and scheme helps you identify players that fit your style of play.

Quote:
Scheme should somehow effect player production. Whether that's by internally adjusting ratings or by the players attributes having more of a direct effect on performance in a particular scheme. If my 65 rated RB outperforms my 85 rated RB, then what good is scheme? There should be some kind of correlation between scheme and production not just scheme and depth chart/salary.
I disagree. Why should scheme adjust player ratings? In theory it would affect production because players would fit your style of play and therefor perform better. But that is if you know what your scheme is and how to benefit from it. If you sign a bunch of cover 2 corners and they try to play man defense that is on you.

Quote:
If I'm resigning my 65 rated RB to peanuts while he performs just as well in the game as my 85 rated RB, then scheme is not really working. Schemes have to effect more than just CPU AI rosters. If the 65 rated RB doesn't fit in the scheme, he should not be productive in the scheme. And yet my 65 rated D. Harris performed just as well as my 85 rated Lacy. I could dump Lacy, save a lot of salary, and use my out of scheme D. Harris.
That may not be a problem with scheme as much as it could be a problem with ratings in general. He may be rated a 65 ovr, but what is his speed? What is your team scheme and what RB type do you have set? What kind of plays do you call? If your RB type is set to power and you like to run outside zone stretch plays then the problem falls on you. And again, I am fairly certain that scheme does not affect player salary. It may cause a team to overpay someone, but a player will not take peanuts if his base overall is 85 but your scheme rates him as a 65. He only cares about scheme if it results in you overvaluing him.