View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #456
lopey986
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
We are talking in circles so this will be my last comment.

Schemes may be less effective but it is not the fault of schemes. It is the fault of other shortcomings in the game.

I'm not going to touch the scheme should effect production. You have it wrong, and I will leave it at that.

You either ignored what I said about front end overall determining salary or are having a hard time processing it. I honestly do not know which it is.

You never answered my questions as to what run plays you ran andwhat kind of runner is this 65 overall guy. That matters.

Schemes are not ineffective, they work rather well. The shortcomings that are present are due to other gameplay related issues. If you want to take that as some moral victory in this little debate you and I are having go ahead but I just think you do not understand the purpose of schemes.
I mentioned this in another thread regarding schemes, but here is my 2 main issues with it as it was setup in 25.

1. Scheme overalls don't translate from the menus into the game. So in the menu I'll have a guy showing 82 overall but once I enter the game and need to make a sub all the sudden he is a 65.

2. Schemes make it way too easy to alter the results of games you simulate. My all time favorite example: Devin Hester. If you set the bears wr scheme to speed, Devin Hester becomes a 90 overall and leads the NFL in receiving. In any other scheme Devin Hester is a 69 overall who sucks and can't catch. I don't care what scheme you run, no scheme should make Devin Hester the best receiver in the NFL.

EDIT: what do you mean by "front end overall"? I get what the other guy was saying about schemes affecting how much guys got paid. Because this was an easy way to game free agency too. Go edit your scheme to be the exact opposite of the guy in free agency you want and his overall will go down IN FREE AGENCY allowing you to sign him for less and then you flip your scheme to what his optimal is and you've got a legit player on the cheap.

Last edited by lopey986; 08-08-2014 at 11:36 AM.