Old 08-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #466
ggsimmonds
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
We're we able to view TRUE OVERALL in the menus of cfm? I felt like there was a way but it was really convoluted and required going through multiple screens. I'm working on getting a copy on eBay so I'll have to check some of these things out again if I do before trading it in.
Previously we were able to view true overall by using the in game depth chart but EA fixed this.

True overall is simply the overall used in play now. The recent ratings reveal? Those were the true overalls.

I also traded in M25 but am regretting it now lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
So what's the point of the scheme then? Why not just stick with true overall and scrap schemes if it isn't going to make any type of adjustment on the game?

(though, as I said, it did make an adjustment for me especially when it came to Hester, so we had a different experience with schemes I guess)
It is a roster management assist. More so for the AI but it helps the user too. Take defensive ends as they are the best example. A 4-3 DE is different from a 3-4 DE. Previously a DE would be rated 88 but he could be a horrible fit for a 3-4 defense. So if you ran a 3-4 defense that overall was misleading. Now you get a better indication of how well a player fits your team.

If I still had the game I would run the test with Hester. (scheme)Overall may have an impact on the simulation engine and if it does that was an oversight on the part of EA.