Old 08-08-2014, 01:55 PM   #233
jwilphl
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
I can t believe we are forced to go another year without any way to organized scouted players before the draft. How can this continue to be omitted? No big board, No war room draft board with stacked grades....

So scout players go to the draft and search through the phone book.
I would agree, but in fairness to Madden, I've never seen a sports game do the draft particularly well. I haven't gone through a draft in any of 2K's games, so someone else can shed light on how they do it?

Drafting in NHL '12 was absolutely the pits. You were essentially drafting blind and deaf, hoping to get one decent player out of the pool (which is why I would try to stockpile picks and improve my chances).

The draft is one of the biggest things in the NFL anymore. EA would do well to put serious time into it, but franchise modes have never, or at least not lately, been the primary focus of EA games. They put most effort into the "money" modes, like Ultimate Team or stuff for online players.

Seeing as how I spend almost 100% of my time in franchise modes for sports games, I won't buy Madden again until the mode sees worthwhile improvements and innovations.