View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #11
dirtypeter
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Generic Receiver types & other questions.

Yes Woodson was All Pro at both CB and FS. I believe earlier in his career, Lott played corner back as well. Woodson plays lights out against me, he seems to disappear when he is on my team (although he is excellent returner) love his attributes though. Another gold defesive back that I don't get much out of is FS Willie Wood. That is one of the reasons I went to 3 CBs online, he couldn't cover gold or silver TEs in man coverage that well. Many people claim he has the best hands of a Defensive Back in the game though. (the Ed Reed of 2K8). I tried numerous online games, guys like Shannon Sharpe, Ditka, Mackey and Coats ate him up. Albert Lewis fares much better, cheaper too. I think Willie Wood is an average returner at best. I know he Is over used online, Lott is a much more complete player in my opinion. Another thing that help me online is to have 1 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze Defensive Backs. 1 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze WR/TE. The rest of my teams were filled out with a legends at QB, HB, DE/ DT, 2 LBs. More time than not, Ditka and HB Snell (silver Natrone Means, but better in pass protection) found spots on my teams. These teams seemed the most balanced of my teams. I also had an easier time making in game adjustments in most cases. I like close competive games and with a balanced team like this. If my opponent loaded up with defensive backs, I was able to pound the rock with Snell and with Ditka and good run blocking WRs clearing the way. If they sold out against the run I still had a good pass blocking generic Oline, Snell as personal protector, gold (usually Ditka), silver, bronze WR/TE. Of course my preferred 4th option is usually my boy Possession WR Husak. My stick skills are poor and I never corner hot route or other glaring exploits so my record was never great, but win or lose against highly ranked or bum, my games online are almost always close.

Last edited by dirtypeter; 08-08-2014 at 04:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove