View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 09:23 PM   #477
bucky60
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Lacy is a power back, GB's scheme is set to power running backs. That does not matter if you, like I suspect you do, call outside running plays.
Lacy is a power back. If GB's scheme is set for a power back (which it's actually set to West Coast), that should indicate that the OL, TE, WR, are power blockers with power blocking techniques to fit the scheme (which they were zone blockers, now they are hybrid zone/power blockers).

Which brings me to HB1 is set to Power Back, but the scheme is set to West Coast.

Last year they started to move more toward a hybrid zone/power running scheme. The backs they like are the one cut downhill runners. Either Harris should fit in that scheme or his performance on the field should show he doesn't fit in that scheme. And that should be reflected in his overall rating.

So why is Harris overall penalized by scheme and not his performance on the field? And NO I'm not calling outside runs with Harris and inside runs with Lacy. They both get the same plays using the same playbook. If you draft out of your scheme, there should be a performance penalty on the field.

Quote:
You probably call outside running plays and then wonder why the quicker back has better production than a between the tackles bruiser.
Your next post which I will not respond to will probably do one of two things. Either you will deny what I just said
I have to deny what you said because they both get the same plays. This also happens with my 4-3 DT. The 62 rated J. Boyd performed just as well as the 85ish Pickett. I progressed J. Boyd to were he was a monster on the line and he never went above an overall 75 rating. I was amazed I couldn't get him any higher. If Boyd doesn't fit the scheme, he shouldn't be so successful on the field within that defensive scheme.

Quote:
In the real NFL Ray Rice will not be faster or quicker because he is now in a zone run scheme. It is the other way around -- his skills benefit from such a scheme.
In real life, either Ray Rice will fit within the new scheme OR HIS PERFORMANCE ON THE FIELD WILL DROP because he doesn't fit the one cut zone blocking scheme.

Quote:
You either want different things from Madden than I do, which going by past interactions I do not think that is the case as we often see eye to eye, or you don't understand the purpose behind schemes.
What I want is realism.

I think part of our problem is you look at scheme as a tool for selecting rosters and depth charts. And I look at it as something that should be so much more.

And really, scheme is plays, techniques and coaches tendencies. So in the real NFL, it doesn't even make sense to have playbooks not match schemes. And me changing the HB1 from power to speed doesn't change the playbook or scheme. It just changes how the overall is perceived on some roster screen. To me, that doesn't make any sense. I could be flipping the overall value of Lacy and Harris by changing HB1 from power to speed. And yet the scheme and playbook stay the same. This is why scheme seems to make no difference in performance on the field. And it should. You draft players outside of your scheme, they should not perform as well on the field.

On offense, we should have different running and passing schemes. West Coast and zone blocking. We should not be selecting whether a speed back or power back or one cut back is more valuable in that scheme, the scheme should dictate that. If we draft outside of our scheme, we should see a performance hit.

Your team should perform well when playbook matches scheme and you have players fit your scheme. This is not what I am seeing with HB, WR, and 4-3 DT.

I like the idea of scheme in madden. I don't think it has nearly enough depth and don't think it was implemented very well. How it's implemented doesn't make sense to me comparing it to the NFL.