View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 10:46 PM   #478
Unlucky 13
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

Personally, I find the scheme OVR for players to be confusing more than anything. I always play as the Dolphins, and in 25, rookie pass rusher Dion Jordan would be rated about a 75 as a 4-3 DE, but if I changed to a 3-4 and made him a OLB he was a 90 and would quickly progress to a 99 rather easily.

On the field, his play was of course uniform either way, and since he's rushing the passer most of the time regardless of scheme, why should it look like I have a lousy player in one and a great one in another?

Whats funny is that aside from pass rushing, he was below average at pass coverage and run stopping before gaining any XP, so shouldn't he have rated higher as a 4-3 DE when you think about it? Even after a lot of time to figure out how to get the schemes to match up to what I wanted as closely as possible, I still had to know that OVR for some positions was just going to be decieving and I couldn't trust it. Thats frustrating but something you can get around when dealing with players who you're familiar with in year one, but what about adding guys in the future through free agency or the draft?