Old 08-09-2014, 02:56 AM   #8
Sheba2011
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Things to build on the confidence mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Yeah, but you're talking about guys already in the NFL and, I assume, proven players. This guy was neither. He was waiting to be drafted and only because the old man who ran the Raiders loved his arm strength, was he drafted #1.

He should have answered that question like this: "I'll be happy with whoever takes me, I want to get into the league, prove the team right that takes me and earn my spot as quickly as possible."

He didn't say that though, for him, it was all about the $$$... and he was still in school at the time of said interview. Where is he now? Back home in Alabama and weighing around 325 last report...

Personally I prefer when guys say it's all about the money whether they are rookies or established veterans instead of lying about it. And personally I don't blame them one bit for wanting to get every dollar possible, you or I would do the same thing. There is no loyalty in sports on either side it is a business first and foremost. Look how many of those established veterans held out their rookie year until they were offered the highest possible contract. It was getting so out of control that they finally had to institute a rookie wage scale.