Old 08-10-2014, 07:56 AM   #19
crenk
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Player Ratings Visualized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I have been saying this for years. They need to completely revamp the rating system (in all sports games). It would create a little bit more of realism to the game. A coach who drafts say Blake Bortles doesn't look at a chart and say we want this guy because he has an 85 short accuracy (or whatever his number is). They just know he has good to above average short accuracy. It would be great if certain ratings were completely hidden, would also help to create a lot more draft busts.
This.
It would also prevent us from seeing when a player is beginning to regress. When the ratings start slipping one knows to move in a different direction immediately. It will force us to pay attention to stats more and observation while playing.
You could also incorporate scouts into this and have better front offices seeing a more real time asesssment of color or grade changes.Where poor front offices maybe see it at seasons end or end of training camp.

Right now If I have the Vikes I can see exactly when Bridgewater becomes better than Matt Cassel and make the switch. All subjectivity is gone.

And as others have said you change nothing about how the ratings function. You are just hiding them and showing a generic color in it's place