View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 02:54 PM   #119
timisone
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Why can't madden bring back franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
It doesn't matter EA is not allowed to use the player likeness of any current college athlete in it's football game. If they could create a way to restrict it to just to offline CFM it wouldn't be an issue. The problem is while they can prevent people from uploading it using EA share they can't prevent people from just uploading roster files on the internet. That is where they got in trouble with the Sam Keller lawsuit, it wasn't that they allowed users to customize players it was that players then uploaded them to the internet making them available to anyone who wanted them. Like I said all it would take is one college player to see himself in a video on youtube and EA is right back in court. Whether the player has a realistic chance at winning or not it would still cost EA hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees.

Think of it as a business owner and not an upset gamer. If you just had to pay tens of millions of dollars in a settlement are you going to go anywhere near that situation again (no matter how small the chances are) or are you going to distance yourself as much as possible? The settlement was
How about not allowing sharing? Just keep it inside an offline Franchise. I don't think thats the reason. How about last years madden? When the case wasn't even settled. I think we are reading to much in this.

What says I can edit the roster outside of the cfm and make college players. How is that any different than doing this inside a cfm?