View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 03:23 PM   #57
LorenzoDC
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 15: Three Things To Be Excited About

In fairness to EA, I don't think I have the capacity to get "excited" for Madden this year. Last year I got the deal from Amazon to get old gen and then trade in for current gen for an additional $10. The gameplay and CFM were so unbalanced and stale, with little improvement to the new console, that I just had no fun playing. It's like I got two disappointments from them in one cycle, and that's a lot to overcome.

With that taste in my mouth, after all the hype we had gotten from e3 onward about last year's title, especially on new consoles, I just can't get excited, no matter what they say, no matter what the videos and blogs say.

I will say I absolutley recognize that this team is working on moving things in the right direction. It seems like gameplay could be meaningfully improved even if robotic player movement is still in the game. Presentation is improved. CFM may have made some strides but continued lack of customization and user control options is disappointing. No word on sliders or off the field CPU logic/AI is a problem for me.

So, while I recognize and appreciate hearing about what sounds like progress, I'm going to wait and see. What OS users say by around September 15 will tell me whether or not I want to buy the game.