Old 08-10-2014, 04:10 PM   #508
charter04
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
You would need some way to quantify the non physical attributes. I like to think of them as actual hidden ratings vs perceived shown ratings. However you display the non physical attributes, it should have some degree of error. I would incorporate a coaching staff, GM and scouts with evaluation ratings. The better they are at evaluating the more accurate the perceived shown ratings are. It could be a range, or a letter grade from the accumulation of scouting reports or whatever. But I'm with you that the only true accurate ratings should be the physical ratings. And those can be shown as 40 times, cone drills etc.

But I really like where you are going with this sky.

I would love this too. I know there would still be ratings of some sort but, they would be hidden. Even AP2k08 had hidden ratings but, I would love if our coaches and scouts gave us scouting reports. Even they use ratings but it's 0-5 scale. That way we would know the physical attributes like 40 time, 10 yard splits and whatever but also have how or coaching staff and scouts grade a player in our system. We could give them things we value like FB IQ or raw physical skill that are the things we value most.

There is so much potential with a better system. I'm afraid EA wants to keep it simple though. Have you heard how a typical Madden fan talks about the game. All this real stuff might confuse the heck out of them. Lol