View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 11:13 PM   #688
frankwest718
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman
Hey Leftos, Don't think there are not people here that appreciate you getting on these forums and answer our questions!...

So if you guys have made the prospect scouting a feature with drafting, does this mean the draft classes a little more realistic? as in names, appearance, attributes, tendencies, etc?
...A simple yes or no would be great, I understand that you will go into depth a lot more in the coming weeks about new features regarding MyLeague, But you must understand the anticipation of the hardcore association(MyLeague) guys that spend hours upon hours creating draft classes to keep there associations realistic, if the draft classes don't hold up in realism, the mode can start to fall apart very quickly Leftos!.

I am extremely happy and impressed from what i have heard so far Leftos!
Tendencies have been bad for the longest. I can't tell you how many players drafted in 2k14 have had 0 contest shot tendency. Or so centers with sub 30 contest shot tendency.

And even after a few years, their tendencies don't progress so you literally have guys who never play defense because they don't contest anything.

You also have centers with low back to the basket and a whole bunch of player tendencies the don't make sense for their position.

I always trade away my draft picks in mygm because I player lock, which means that if a guy has 0 contest tendency, I can't even play him because he's a complete liability, whereas if I was controlling him I could contest a shot.

And even beyond drafted players, scottie pippen from the 93 bulls has 57 contest. One of the greatest defensive players of all time has a lower contest shot rating than Kevin Love.

Not to mention that Greg oden had a sub 50 contest shot rating as well, when he was one of the best defensive bigs coming out of college.

It may not matter for players who don't player lock, but for those of us who do, it's bad

Last edited by frankwest718; 08-10-2014 at 11:16 PM.