Old 08-11-2014, 02:13 AM   #516
Sheba2011
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
See, I'm not sure I really buy this. He might struggle at first with adapting to a different scheme, but I don't buy that he'd be terrible. On top of that, a ton of teams basically run hybrid defenses anyway where they sub personnel so much to fit what they want to do in a certain situation.

I'm fine if you want to ding guys a bit for playing out of scheme, especially some of those borderline starters who are 70 overall and might be good in one scheme and bad in another. I just don't see why JJ Watt should drop 25 overall based on scheme, the guy is good enough he would adapt. And I don't want to see **** guys like Devin Hester jumping 20 overall because of a scheme and leading the NFL in receiving during simulation.
I don't know if he would be terrible but he wouldn't be one of the best at his position. Let's look at it from another position. Kyle Arrington for the Patriots is a very good slot CB, when he plays on the inside he is shut down, when they move him to the outside and he plays out of position he is one of the worst CB's in the NFL due to lack of his speed. Madden schemes should have something to reflect guys playing out of position but often times it doesn't. Just like I can line Wes Welker up at X receiver and he plays the same. That was the main problem with schemes, while they did help you to organize your roster and find free agents they had no real effect on the game.