View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 05:41 PM   #179
inkcil
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo

It's actually FUN to get the demo a few weeks early. It's kinda been an unofficial aspect of the whole Madden release window hype experience: E3 videos, developer blogs, gameplay snippet vids, more developer blogs, then the demo, then full game footage released, then Madden Midnight launch and finally Madden Holiday. To me, the demo has always been right in the middle of all that.

But I can't say no demo means no purchase. I didn't like the Madden 13 demo too much with the "ragdoll" physics, but I still bought the game. Madden 25 demo (PS3) had disappearing players (which made into the retail version) and I still bought the game. And I never bought into this idea that the demo and retail were going to be noticeably different. Always seemed to the same to me.

Yet I still always buy the game because there is no substitute for playing full quarters and playing around in the menus, etc. So it's disappointing not to have a demo, but hopefully some full game videos are released by EA in the next week.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)