Old 08-11-2014, 11:35 PM   #205
canes21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
So a demo which features only two teams and a short game wouldn't seem boring and stale to you?

If your problem with Madden is it feels stale (and I don't at all disagree) how would a short demo sway your opinion?

I love the "No demo, no buy" posts. It's nothing but an excuse to use something else to complain about EA with.

There are a plethora of options at your fingertips to make an informed decision. You don't need a demo to decide if you're going to buy the game or not.
I think those of us have a valid reason to say we're not buying it if we can't try it. If renting is an option for someone, then they could always do that, but if the demo was your only chance at playing it yourself, then why wouldn't it be valid to hold off?

Don't tell me impressions and reviews are the way to go and will help you make an informed decision. I can find 10 different reviews and impressions for any game out there contradicting each other. Heck, look at each forum on this site alone. Each game from Live to NBA 2k, this one, The Show, etc. all have 100's of different opinions that make it impossible to actually know what you're in for.

Streams, however, could help a lot better. You don't get to feel the game and they are not the full experience, but are 10x a better source than any opinion out there at all.

I still think it's pretty valid to not be leaning towards purchasing the game at all because of the history of the franchise and the lack of a demo. It's not because we have an agenda and are looking for something new with EA to complain about. If I had an EA agenda I doubt I would be playing UFC, looking into playing my copy of NCAA 14, or playing Fifa 14. Considering UFC and Fifa have been two of my most played games over the last two months, I doubt having beef with EA is my problem.

My problem is Madden and how bad the franchise has been and I don't like the feeling I get about the lack of a demo one bit. I don't buy the EA statements because I could have thought of the same statements in 5 seconds myself. I'm not saying Madden has been terrible. I played a couple seasons last year, but it was worth the rent and not a buy. I might rent it this year, but Destiny and NHL are coming out soon as well among many other games, so the lack of a demo really does hurt EA's chances with me. Of course my lone sell means absolutely nothing.

I'm sorry I turned this response into a novel, but I just disagree there is a 'plethora' of options to help make an informed decision. Like I said, reviews and impressions are all opinions and are always all over the place contradicting one another even on this site and I would never consider those to be a real valuable source.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove