Old 08-13-2014, 01:46 AM   #5616
WVRRXN
Rookie

WVRRXN's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by biatch0
After deep thought, meditation, and watching a lot of instant replays... I've come to realize that in MyCareer, you aren't really playing against your opponents. You are playing against your team mates.

On offense, it's usually a case of Can I get the ball out of the hands of Rubio/Barea Walker/Pargo before they charge into the paint and turn the ball over trying to layup over the opposing SF/PF/C all at once? Will my team mates notice that my 89/99 rated 3 point shooter is standing around on the perimeter completely open and getting "Bad Call for Pass" and "Excessive Call for Pass" ratings but not getting the ball... before they charge into the paint and take on the opposing SF/PF/C all at once?

On defense, you end up with a randomly selected team mate (sometimes more than one) that will choose to guard a fly on the floor... leaving his man completely open. Of course, by the time that open guy takes the shot, if you're anywhere near him, he's now YOUR man... "Allow man to score". Trying to get a defensive rebound? You box out, and 3 of your team mates can somehow miss the ball (obviously they don't even jump), but the CPU opponent is somehow able to jump, grab the ball, land, jump again, and shoot... before you complete 1 jump.

On the bright side, I've found recording all of these random idiotic things my team mates do and putting them into YouTube movies rather enjoyable.

Agree, it's pretty much u against your team smh