View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 10:18 AM   #29
DaSmerg
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: 15 Reasons to buy Madden NFL 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Thats an incomplete pass, the biggest issue with inaccurate passes in Madden is that the ones that are caught are too accurate! they are caught perfectly in stride most of the time, receivers do not need to adjust to them.
In real life receivers often must adjust to the ball in some way, even when thrown by the most accurate Qb's. I remember Peyton Manning throwing a few inaccurate passes in his first pre-season game against the Seahawks this year.
In real life a receivers often have to either bend down low, dive down for a low thrown ball, do a 180 for a ball thrown behind them etc. I am NOT seeing the catch variety they were touting, just the same old catch animations that have been in this game for years.
Also another issue, every pass that is caught receivers ALWAYS land on their feet, in real life receivers often fall to the ground after catches especially inaccurate ones.
Something that would help this is more styles and variations in the animations. Different throwing timings and rhythms for QB's, running styles, catch styles and variations for the recievers/rb's/te's/swing players.

Start layer caking all this together with some other changes and you have a more organic playing experience and "sim" style game that even the elusive 'casual gamer' audience would be drawn to.

"What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death"
-Dave Barry