View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 03:31 PM   #531
Primo80
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

Have Tiburon ever talked about a subscription, update-based form of Madden development? Kind of similar to WoW where you buy the base game, then download their update every season. I mean if we are going to have a base Madden engine that will have incremental changes every season, wouldnt this give the devs the maximum amount of development time per cycle? Im sure they can drum up just as much hype every time an update arrives as they could a physical copy.

They seem to have settled on the CFM structure and the UI for this generation of consoles so I could see it working. I remember playing Counter Strike back in the day and getting just as excited for their patches to arrive, and they were free! Things you miss about games like that is how the gameplay issues were addressed steadily, seemingly as quickly as they could be fixed. And how all aspects were addressed: netcode, player models, gun models, map geometry, bugs, exploits.

It must be intrinsic to consoles that these updates are more complicated to get through that keeps bugs from being fixed. But lingering bugs like the white sleeve glitch are rediculous.

You would think with such a strong and loyal fanbase, that Madden would exist on a higher level than most games. Use the hard drive for something! Mandatory installs for added animations, or player portraits, or new celebrations, or stadium sounds. Nothing should be taken out of successive games because they needed to compromise on storage space.

Cant they literally build upon previous Maddens? Every August we would pay for the roster, patches, and the right to the online functionality, but the improvements/patches/updates should be granted throughout the season. We shouldnt have to suffer something small being broken for an entire year because the correction of the problem doesnt make the company money.
Advertisements - Register to remove