View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 03:34 PM   #79
bucky60
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Pre-season games - meaningless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
You'd have a point if my reply wasn't referring to someone saying it should be easy to port code from NCAA on last gen consoles to current gen.
My point might not be refuting yours, but I still have a point.

I expect gameplay improvements to be a little more slow moving than career mode improvements. I very much believe gameplay is much more difficult to program. Every change made in gameplay effects stats generated and is a difficult balancing act.

The things I can see that need balancing in a career mode are progression, AI roster management (trade, draft, cuts, etc) and salary. Career modes are much easier to program than gameplay and we should be seeing greater strides in the career modes. If we would see this, a lot of criticism's would just disappear.

I really believe EA/Tib handcuff themselves by tying progression to stats since gameplay is so difficult to balance. They are trying to balance something (progression) on something that is inherently difficult to balance (gameplay stats), but it is also an unrealistic way to represent progression. I can see having playing time have some impact on progression.

I believe if EA/Tib would cut this tie they have with gameplay stats and base progression on real life variables, it would be much easier for them to balance progression and could be spending much more time creating more depth in other areas of career mode.

So my point wasn't really to refute you saying it would be difficult to take last gen NCAA code and incorporate it into madden. Sorry if it seemed that way. My point was that what you said should not be an excuse for madden not having these features people are asking for. Features that exist in other games of the same genre.

I do apologize because I wasn't clear enough on the intentions of my post.