Old 08-13-2014, 09:08 PM   #7
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: PES 2015 Gameplay Videos From Gamescom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
Looks way better than PES 2014 in my opinion.
Graphics looks great up close but not so much from a broadcast view, maybe it's the filming; seems smoother and more responsive; liking the scoreboard and name plates, celebrations and some player momentum.
However I felt the speed was too fast and somewhat way over responsive, that need some tuning to make it more realistic; some interaction between players looked weird and robotic and the keepers positioning in one of the games was awful.

Still I don't feel hyped or anything close to that but overall I think Konami can make a great football game, having the release date in November gives them enough time to pull it off.
I feel like the graphics look more life-like than the other game where everything is so shiny. The celebrations are also MUCH more realistic and the cut scene looked very close to real life. I like the "sloppyness" of the game where it appears you can't just 1-2, 1-2 chipped lob pass over the top. There were a lot of poor touches too from over-dribbling by the User.

Animations looked improved overall but there are still a few that need to be cleaned-up, especially when there is contact. I don't know what level it was on but I would have liked to see a little bit more from Brazil's attack. There were a few times when Marcelo got caught on the ball. For all his defensive faults he's very good for a LB on the ball.

I thought the keepers in the Brazil-Netherlands 2nd video were pretty good. The goal should have been a goal but Cesar did a good job of stopping that right footed shot near post deflecting it out for a corner. He came off his line to pick up a through ball to Robben. He also played it quick, short, wide, and on a rope to Hulk. That's something I never see the other game do as the keepers typically hoof it right down the center of the pitch.

Overall, it didn't blow me away but it didn't turn me off and the main thing I was looking for, the responsiveness, appears to have taken a huge leap forward.