View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 02:22 PM   #97
GiantBlue76
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Videos - Day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRuiz59
I think people in general misunderstand inaccurate passing. If you look at PFF's accuracy % stat (which takes out defended passes, tipped passes at the line, interceptions, drops and throwaways) the lowest percentage is still around 70. So two inaccurate passes for every ten passes is about right, and what we're seeing is about one every video but we're only really seeing a minute of action.
Ok, let me see how I can articulate this better because it's not coming across right. I am not disagreeing with you. I am not talking about completion percentages here. This is similar to the conversations that used to go on here about "Pressure" vs. "Sacks". They are not the same thing. I don't care if the QB goes 10/10, the game can still replicate what I am talking about. Accuracy and completion percentage, though heavily related in some sense, are not the same thing. I am talking about the placement of the ball. The ball still seemed to go right to the player. It's not being thrown to a spot that is low, low and away, wide, high, etc. etc. That does not mean the passes should be incomplete ALL the time. An inaccurate pass does not equal incomplete pass. Once again, folks seem to confuse the end result with the process from which it was born.

Like I said, I am not disagreeing with you about completion percentages and all of that. I am pointing out the difference in how I interpreted the feature to work from what I see in most of the videos.