View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 04:46 AM   #26
Sheba2011
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Real video of commentary guys instead of cartoon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
I prefer the animated announcers. I'm not a big fan of using real video in the place of animation using the game's resources.

As for the real life QB videos.. it's great for play now, but what happens in CFM when you inevitably get a new QB? Drafted players obviously won't have this, but say I can't resign Cam Newton in Carolina and I sign Sam Bradford instead. Will I be seeing Sam Bradford's Rams highlights when he's been on my team for 2-3 years? I'm guessing yes.

This brings me to an over-arching point when it comes to all sports video games (that I've played). It always seems that commentary/graphics/presentation elements are designed for play now or 1 season worth of games. Why aren't these elements designed with longevity in mind? With the understanding that players change teams and they evolve over the years?

This probably isn't the thread for it, but it's something that's been on my mind the last few months.
My opinion is most of that stuff is to draw in the casual fans. The ones who might only play one season of CFM if any, and will spend most of their time playing play now games with their friends.