Old 08-16-2014, 10:16 AM   #121
thedream2k13
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
my main concern with shot success is that open shots are rewarded with success, and contested shots are punished with missing. i just want the shot success to make sense. reward people who take the time to get open shots. by allowing too many contested/contact shots go in, it makes success feel arbitrary, and allows people to compete even with bad shot selection. don't allow player ratings to overpower "good basketball." as of now, users can use player ratings and sig skills as a crutch to make up for their bad shot selection.

one of the big questions in video game basketball is: how much should the outcome be determined by the user's choices vs. how much of the outcome should be determined by the player ratings? it is my view that the user's decisions (shot selection, strategy) should be the OVERWHELMING PRIMARY factor in determining success. I have always believed that a good user who picks a mediocre team should still be able to destroy a bad user who picks the Spurs...whoever has better shot selection should win...not whoever has more allstars.

as of now, bad users can kind of compete just by picking a good team and just jacking up random shots (because eventually the player ratings and sig skills take over and they're just going to start hitting shots no matter how bad their shot selection is). this is my main problem with the game (especially online). if a user picks a team with a bunch of allstars who can make contested/contact shots, then shot selection doesn't matter enough. it matters a bit, but i want to see shooting percentages as low as 23-29% (yes, even for the Spurs or Heat) if the user is jacking up all contested/contact shots and isn't even trying to get open (this might be an "unrealistically low" shooting percentage...but unrealistically bad basketball calls for unrealistically low shooting percentages).
shouldn't the user shot selection be based off the player they are controlling?I mean you're not going to be shooting midrange jumpers with Reggie Evansand when it comes to award rewarding you with a open jumper using your base shots ratings is the reward

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove