View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 12:14 PM   #380
Jerros
Rookie

OVR: 1
All I'm going to say is all you guys need to do yourselves a solid and learn about REAL NFL blocking schemes. Then learn about QB mechanics and footwork. Once you have both those down to a science, go back and look at the footage you're praising. Just keep in mind plays are designed with SPECIFIC blocking schemes which dictate the success or failure of a play. Don't believe it? Look it up. Not every team in the NFL uses the same generic hybrid nonsense you see in Madden. EXAMPLE: In the Jets vs Patriots video you have a toss to the outside but you get TWO nonsensical double teams in the middle while leaving TWO linebackers free to T off on the play essentially killing it. Not only that, the safety even comes up and helps destroy the play. So basically the play is dead before it even starts. Now this is less great defense and more dumb idiotic blocking design. No team in the NFL would EVER use such nonsense. As hard as it might be to believe, EVERY play has a specific scheme and design for the guys upfront. One missed block, one bad decision can dictate the play's success or failure. Let that sink into your head. SPECIFIC DESIGN. Something that is sorely missing in Madden. They need to fix it so that you get football outcomes based on football. Not based on sloppy mechanics. That hybrid blocking mess has to go. If a team uses zone blocking, the plays need to be designed to use zone blocking. If a team uses man blocking, the plays... well you get where I'm going. If you think I just made this out for kicks, then look it up for yourselves. This is nothing to do with hating on Madden, it is a fact. The game has the WORST hybrid blocking system I've seen.