Old 08-16-2014, 08:47 PM   #221
CM Hooe
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Colin Kaepernick Will Be the Only Player in Madden NFL 15 with Tattoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
I still just don't get it. I'm playing WWE 2K14 right now in preparation for 2K15, and I'm seeing all these wrestlers covered in tattoos. Did 2K go out of their way and somehow secure the rights from the creators of every single tattoo in the game? Why can every single wrestler on the roster have their correct tattoos, but only one player in Madden? It just baffles me...
The easiest answer to the question - no one has sued 2K yet about tattoos. EA lost a lawsuit about tattoos (NFL Street 2 featured Ricky Williams and his tattoos, the artist of Williams' tattoos sued and won), thus the company's different approach being one of avoiding litigation.

It's also possible that WWE requires wrestlers to get rights to all their tattoos before appearing in any print / digital media whatsoever, given how prominent tattoos are in wrestling in general. This would eliminate the problem altogether before it even gets to 2K.

Finally, there have been instances of tattoos being removed from WWE games. CM Punk has a tattoo which strongly resembles a Pepsi logo on his left shoulder, that tattoo never appeared in a WWE video game.
Advertisements - Register to remove