Old 08-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #60
mestevo
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: EA Sports Says: It's Madden Season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reejer
The question should be: Does the commercial itself make you want to go out and buy Madden 15, and to subsequently play it? Put yourself into a FPS gamers shoes, do you think that this spectacle would make you want to go out and try Madden?

To me, the commercial really had nothing to do with playing Madden, and I found it to be a waste of time, money, creativity, and effort that would have been better spent on game improvement. And I feel that a demo would have created a more positive buzz, and produced more new Maddenites than this commercial.
You can construct any context you want to slight it, but which madden commercials in the past have had several page threads about it here, been plastered and re-plastered all over social media and even covered by many of the major sports news sites? This goes along with past efforts like Lewis vs Rudd that are more about awareness rather than 'look, the new defensive controls...'

It's obvious it's designed to be an absurd spectacle of a spot, not a comprehensive Madden sales pitch.

#letitburn.