View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 01:13 PM   #8
Iceman87GT
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
I would say a yearly PC release would be a bad business decision for some sports but it would certainly be welcomed by the community.

I think it's about time for another Madden release (last one being 08), but I wouldn't be surprised if that affected sales for the console versions (and with the modding community being what it is I don't think they could rely on releasing a PC version on Madden yearly to offset the costs which is why I'd suggest not doing yearly releases).

I would have loved if NCAA had gotten a recent PC release, the modding community would keep us occupied while we wait for
things to settle with the series. Though some are working on an ability to mod the console version which may even allow for uniform updates about other things (currently you can rig a playoff system), the bummer being you'd have to have a nodded console (which means another $160 to me, whereas if it was a mode PC game I wouldn't need to spend any more money)

Got a little bit ramble-y with this but basically: it would be great but not exactly the best business model.