View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 12:33 PM   #10
m_maclean24
Rookie

m_maclean24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Medium is the Message: EASHL, Transparency, and the Core Gamer

I have to say, prior to reading this I didn't really care about the possible absence of EASHL or GM Connected, as I am typically an offline gamer, especially when it comes to NHL.

I see now though that I am missing the point entirely – the route that EA is taking here is one that could - and should – have long reaching consequences for them in the future. The silence regarding not only EASHL, but the game as a whole, has been alarming – but also speaks volumes. Since day one, we as the “community” have been forced to speculate on virtually every detail of the game aside from the graphics upgrades – and when EA has been presented an opportunity to clear up rumors, they have sat pat, and allowed it to swell. Even if they have to tell us that cuts have been made to some modes, and explain the reasons why, they could save face somewhat.

For myself, it will not have a bearing on whether or not I by the game, as it is the only hockey option available, but I have certainly lost a lot of respect for a company that I have supported since 1993.