View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 12:56 PM   #71
dkp23
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
It strikes me as poor form to change the terms of the early access program - which allowed around 72 hours of gameplay on XBOX 360 / PS3 via Season Ticket - to a new number which is 8% of the old value.

If you're an XBOX One owner and were looking forward to playing Madden 15 early via EA Access, I would assume you are upset and I don't really blame you.

EA is going to say it's not a "demo" because you're being granted the full game. In a sense, they are correct - you'll be able to start a CFM, or Ultimate Team, edit roster files, save Gauntlet scores, etc. etc. - but effectively it is a demo because of the extreme time constraint. I'm not sure there's really a precedent for this sort of thing in gaming, honestly.

If I were on XBOX One, I would be staying far away from EA Access as currently implemented.
I had ticket for a year for madden early access. I dont think EA ticket included access to category of full games only access to early releases of sports games and discounts and ended once the game relases.

While similar concept, EA access is giving users early access to different genre of games and full games to play unlimited for only $5 or $30 for a year.

For those planning to buy physical copy with hopes to resell, this is probably not worth it. Still it may be since it is only $5 more to get hands on early.

For those purchasing digital, there is no negative impact. Effectively paying $1 less for 6 hours of access before release due to the 10% digital discount.

So depending on what you plan to do, this can vary.

While people may not like this deal or may not be "worth it", those that want early access have a choice to cancel after a month and giving up the $5 for 6 hours. While it may not be worth it for madden only people, it is far from being ripped off.

Last edited by dkp23; 08-18-2014 at 12:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove