View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 02:18 PM   #280
blackceasar
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Basically Microsoft ponied up some cash to be the "official" to find a way to increase sales of their system (which is number 2 in the sales race). With the "official NFL" deal they cut, they had a direct line to work something out with EA Sports for some kind of exclusivity deal for early access... but at the same time EA Sports doesnt want social media completely blowing up a week or two prior to game release with tens if not hundereds of thousands of XB1 owners with the game early posting negative reviews of the game before EA Sports can actually get the publics money.. so the 6 hour limit (which is lame) is their way of playing nice with XB1 but limiting any backlass from a "mass" public. I'm sure they looked at what happened with NBA Live last year (granted Madden is a better football game than Live is a bb game last year) and got scared and just want to control the conversation.

In a nutshell no demo + a meager 6 hour access for XB1 users (due to the NFL deal with XB1) = they want to get your 60.00 before any potential "madden sux this year" backlash.

I know how this game is played. As a gamer fan, its just big business once again sticking it to the gamer... But the Gordon Geko/Donald Trump cold business man in me would be like "smart move MS".

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.