Old 08-19-2014, 08:57 AM   #573
Beardown
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingaNinjaUNC
Just going to drop my .02 here after watching these boards implode over (IMO) an expected announcement. Anyone who was expecting this to be Season Ticket 2.0 was fooling themselves. You're telling me that for only 5 bucks more a year, you wanted vault games, DLC discount, digital GAME discounts, AND the same level of early access for sports games that ST gave you? That sure is optimistic.

I am very grateful for 6 hours, it's 6 hours MORE than you would have any other way, and you get the other benefits. If you don't like the vault games/have them already/ whatever, cool, you still get the discounts. If that doesn't do it for you, then maybe this isn't for you, and that's fine too. But anyone who came in expecting Season Ticket AND everything else for only $5 more is really at no fault but their own.
True we should not have taken it for granted that it would be Season Ticket. However, as a business person I do not see the strategy of limiting sports games. What is the harm in having it like Season Ticket, none that I can think of other than people tearing the game apart which is what I believe is behind the move. On the other hand you can limit it to six hours and piss off your customers such as me and we cancel EA Access. I know if I was confident in my game I would not be making the same decision EA is making from a business perspective.