Old 08-19-2014, 09:01 AM   #576
GingaNinjaUNC
Rookie

GingaNinjaUNC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown
True we should not have taken it for granted that it would be Season Ticket. However, as a business person I do not see the strategy of limiting sports games. What is the harm in having it like Season Ticket, none that I can think of other than people tearing the game apart which is what I believe is behind the move. On the other hand you can limit it to six hours and piss off your customers such as me and we cancel EA Access. I know if I was confident in my game I would not be making the same decision EA is making from a business perspective.
And I totally get this point of view, that people are disappointed with the limit and all that. However, I don't think it was necessarily a dig at sports gamers, it's just the nature of the program. They didn't start EA Access with the intention of it being like ST, it just happens to offer some early access to ALL EA games, and at the start I'm sure they decided that ALL EA games would have a limited amount of playtime before release, and sports games just have the disadvantage of being compared to a completely different EA services offered on a different generation of platforms.