Old 08-19-2014, 09:14 AM   #586
OhMrHanky
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown
True we should not have taken it for granted that it would be Season Ticket. However, as a business person I do not see the strategy of limiting sports games. What is the harm in having it like Season Ticket, none that I can think of other than people tearing the game apart which is what I believe is behind the move. On the other hand you can limit it to six hours and piss off your customers such as me and we cancel EA Access. I know if I was confident in my game I would not be making the same decision EA is making from a business perspective.

Yep. Absolutely. From a technical standpoint as some of the mods have pointed out, we were told there 'may' be limited access for certain games. Many of us thought because season ticket gave unlimited access, this would, too. So, ultimately there were assumptions made on our part, and maybe lack of full disclosure on ea's part. But, this is the point that's starting to stick out to me, and purely from a biz perspective. Legitimately, what do they have to lose by allowing unlimited access for the 5 days. If 6 hours doesn't give u a clue as to what the game is doing (bad or good), I don't see what the harm is in giving the people what they want. Is it playable online for the 5 days? Are their servers going to be used for 5 extra days costing them jillions of dollars? So, for me, if you're not losing anything, u should've just made it unlimited. This would've gone such a long way towards making positive relations with fans again. And, if they are fearful that no one will buy the game after trying it out, I guess that's their biz decision. IMO, the better decision would be to help win back the fan base, but I'm not personally all about the benjamins, so not sure their entire strategy, here. So, here again, I think someone in their PR dept really needs to step in and help out their image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk