View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 12:10 PM   #70
vrtkolman
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 15 Videos Day 3

There were some really nice things in those videos.

- In the Bears/Eagles game, Fuller played real tight coverage on his man. He was locked onto a curl route and pick 6'd the user as he threw it way too late.
- The crowd sounds better but I still think it can be improved a lot more. Crowd noise is huge for me as it really adds to the atmosphere of the game.
- Inaccurate passes were nice to see. I assume these were all played on default slider settings, so lower accuracy settings would help this even more.
- I know there are lots of complaints about tackling, but I thought they seemed fine. They at least weren't completely unrealistic. Bigger players seemed to have some weight to them as well, Kyle Rudolph took a while to go down as he was being tackled by multiple cornerbacks.

Things I have issues with:
- There still seems to be a lack of explosiveness from players, most notable when controlled by the AI. Every AI controlled running back runs like Toby Gerhart. The AI never tries to use any moves in the open field to beat their man, they just essentially give up whenever a defender gets close.
- AI QB pocket presence is still awful. This is the #1 reason the CPU always has a hard time scoring against me. Sacks happen way too often and they always kill drives. In the AZ/SF game, Carson Palmer never stepped up into the pocket to avoid pressure. He would just run back and take the sack. Awful.
- I hate the whole "Yes/No" outcomes when using moves. Jump the Snap was pretty overpowered a few years back because through practice you would be able to "Perfect" that technique and beat your man pretty much every time. These new rush moves look pretty overpowered as well. Hopefully sliders affect this. If I'm controlling a crappy DE against Joe Thomas, even if I "Perfect" every pass rush move I should still get shut down the entire game.

The gameplay overall looks to be improved. The glaring issue of the CPU not being able to generate consistent offense against you seems to still be a problem however.