View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 01:14 PM   #11
Yeah...THAT Guy
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Instead of Vision Cone, Why not Camera Panning based on movement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I like the idea OP, but things I'd like to see from the passing game are having limited view of the field like you also want, but I would like to Press A/X to look at that WR, B/O to look at that receiver, etc. But instead of hitting the button again to throw it, I think we need to bring back what was in NFL Fever and have an on field cursor that you are aiming the throw. Of course on lower difficulties the game could already have it automatically moving and all you would need to do his pass it to the WR and it accounts for everything.

On higher difficulties I'd love to see the player lock onto a WR, then have to aim the cursor to account for the defenders, wind, boundaries, etc. This system would make wind matter finally in the passing game. Imagine your opening drive, you drop back and see a wide open WR, you go to throw it and instead of hitting him in stride, the pass is blown by the wind and he has to stop his momentum to make the catch and it ruins the whole flow of the play. With dynamic wind, this would create a new dynamic and adjustment in the passing game.

Plus, with the system you could finally see over/under throws that make sense. You'd be able to place the ball in an area that only your WR could get to or no one catches it. To differentiate between QBs, the cursor can vary in size based on ratings and the deeper down the field you go, it can change in real time to also account for their ratings(Medium Accuracy, Deep Accuracy). Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees... they would have pinpoint cursors. Then you could draft that new rookie in your franchise who has great athletic ability, great arm strength, but average accuracy and you'd be able to tell right away that his cursor is larger and you would see that you're not hitting the WRs perfectly regularly.

This reminds me of Backbreaker a lot.

Another concept would be sort of an auto scrolling thing where you could select your progressions presnap (for example, the way HC 09 did it), and then the camera would pan through the order you set (or you could let it go through the play's default order as well).

I'm down for something similar to what you're proposing though.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove