Old 08-20-2014, 01:31 PM   #39
Sheba2011
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Interesting article regarding Madden ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
I disagree completely. Based on what would a QB need a spectacular catch rating? The one HB pass you run that the QB is normally on the opposite side of the field with?

Where would you find that rating? How could you say Peyton Manning could catch better than Tom Brady? Its a useless rating, rarely is a QB passed to.

Also, at which rate can you compare their SPC and CIT ratings to WRs? If the worst WR in the game has a 60 SPC or CIT how can you make a QB any higher than that?

Its a waste of time, resources, and effort. If Madden was SIM, and when there was a toss everyone ran to the ball, instead of still covering downfield (because the CPU recognizes its a possible pass) I would think about it. Same with the Flea Flicker, none of the secondary reacts to the RB, they just stay in coverage, which is why the flea flicker would possibly work in Real life, by biting on the run.

Alsi with this, then all RBs need all QB ratings, how do we know which players have the better arm? Also, again, how can we say that the worst QB in Madden has a 73 arm strength or accuracy, the RB should have much lower strength and accuracy than he does, again, adding 5 attibutes to hundreds of players, for one type of play. . . not efficient at all.

And if QB inaccuracy is so heavy this year, having Manziel will be tough to complete passes, what about a RB in the NFL that has maybe thrown 1 real pass in his entire career, how accurate can he be compared to someone who trains on throwing every day, for 10 years lol.

What if I want to convert Ryan Tannehill back to WR a position he played in college and was very good at (1500 yards, 10 TD's in a little over 2 seasons as a starter)?