Old 08-20-2014, 10:35 PM   #93
Junior Moe
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Will Have Ernie Johnson and Shaq, Not Inside the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
He does an admirable job. I believe the issue is he doesn't actually call nationally televised games so hearing him next to Harlan is odd, especially considering they have so many options from tnt they can go to like Reggie Miller.

I for one don't think he's that bad, I just think it's time they introduced a second commentary team altogether. Marv Albert with the aforementioned name would be ideal.
If not, then introducing a second network for smaller games or games that aren't "national" would take away from having to hear Harlan/Kellogg every game like we have since 2k9. Ncaa Basketball 10 did this with CBS/ESPN presentation. 2k doesn't really need licensing(though it'd help), they could just have the 2ksports network which we use now and the new one be VcTV(though Nba tv would be nice). They don't need big time commentators, they could find local network talent or get someone like Kevin Callabro(whose done games before), Mike Terico, Dave Pasch, Spero Dedes, or Joel Meyers to do play-by-play and a color commentor like Jon Barry, Hubie Brown, Greg Anthony, Webber etc.
I get what you're saying. But they could use generic commentators for all I care. I can still vividly remember laughing at Dan and Peter O'Keefe (or whatever his name was) in 2k5 when one of them responded to the other how he would get smoked like a salmon trying to cover a wideout. Everything just flowed so naturally. I still feel a little of that with Kevin, Clark and (now gone) Steve. I guess to me, it's more about the overall package and how authentic the "team" flows.

I loved the presentation in NCAA Basketball, those two crews were wonderful. It works for college because when I think college hoops I think Dick Vitale and/or CBS. When I think NBA, I think TNT. I personally think that they have the best package overall; it's entertaining, insightful, and well put together. I used the NBA on NBC theme for the playoffs in last gen (hopefully it's coming back for us). Kevin Harlan does give the game a more authentic sound and it almost feels like a TNT broadcast. I remain skeptical of Barkley, Miller and Webber. Barkley was in 2K on the Dream Team but nowhere else, and that had to be facilitated by Pippen IIRC.

I would like to see 2K add another man/woman to the team to replace Kerr as I feel he fleshed the team out some. Bring back the shots from 2K9 (was it?) where we saw the commentators and have them be courtside during big games (holidays, rivalries, playoffs). I don't feel like 2K is far off here honestly. When we see how Ernie and Shaq are implemented in the game I think that it will tell us which direction 2K is leaning.